If you love caring for animals and truly understand the connection between people and pets, you’ll find company here, and we hope a fulfilling career! LUCKY & LADY is now accepting applications for the position of General Manager.
Job Title: General Manager
Job Type: Full Time (EXEMPT, NONEXEMPT)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Compensation: Depends on experience
Required Education: High School or Equivalent
Are we ordinary? NO B*RKING WAY!
Lucky & Lady® is an Atlanta start-up aimed at taking everything about pet boarding, day care and grooming, and turning all of it upside down. We understand pets to be members of the family. We believe that pets should be cared for in the very best environment. And we know that people bring out the very best in our pets through interaction, understanding, love and compassion.
Designed for the health, safety and wellbeing of pets, with all the convenience pet parents want, Lucky & Lady® is a multi-million dollar facility bringing the highest level of affection, safety and security for pets in an amazingly nurturing, human environment – just what pets are accustomed to and just what pets need to thrive.
About the position
The General Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Lucky & Lady®. He or she will open and/or close our 6,000 square foot facility, manage productivity and ensure our team delivers on our mission to provide the very best pet care experience, while providing top-notch customer service. The General Manager continually ensures adherence to our guidelines and procedures and is ultimately responsible for service delivery, personnel management, and business development.
The General Manager will effectively manage all areas of operations including Enhanced Day Care, Beyond Boarding, our Self Wash and Grooming Spa. And to help maintain our resort-like environment, the incumbent must have a strong command of our services, rates, procedures and policies. The ability to manage, oversee and direct the work of others is essential. The General Manager will supervise, motivate and develop Pet Enrichment Specialists, Pet Boarding Attendants, Concierges, Valets and Pet Stylists, with emphasis on pet safety and security; excellent customer service; and team building. To make it all work at Lucky & Lady®, a tremendous amount of coordination is required and the incumbent must communicate clearly to define tasks and responsibilities; direct and re-direct the work of others; provide team feedback; and ensure work is being accomplished efficiently and reliably.
The ideal candidate is a proactive, results-driven and emotionally intelligent leader with demonstrated experience in managing others. A multi-tasker, the General Manager should be persuasive, yet warm and enthusiastic.
Responsibilities and authorities
- Team member scheduling and oversight of work
- Team member mentoring and discipline
- Identification, screening and interviewing of job candidates
- Proactive handling of client concerns and questions to resolution with the understanding that pets are indeed members of our families
- Ensure compliance with our operations manual and emergency procedures
- Assist business owners with larger projects and effectively communicate issues as they arise in all operational areas
- Provide exceptional customer service and ensure others are doing the same
- Effectively operate Mac, point-of-sale and other technologies and train others
- Accurately perform, or ensure performance, of daily opening and/or close out procedures
- Maintain a high level of sanitation, orderliness and professionalism throughout the facility
Depending upon the needs of the day, other responsibilities will occasionally include cleaning pet suites, feeding and caring for pets, walking dogs, bathing dogs, doing laundry, cleaning and maintaining the facility, and assisting others when necessary. The General Manager will generally work Monday through Friday, but will occasionally need to work other shifts as required.
- Must regard safety and security as the absolute highest priority
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must demonstrate comfort and confidence in handling dogs and cats
- Must have experience in managing others, preferably in a retail environment
- Must have a solid understanding of Apple/Mac technology and computer software
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds regularly and 40 pounds occasionally
- Must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
- Must simply love pets
- All team members must be certified in canine and feline CPR and first aid and we will provide this training
Lucky & Lady® team members are required to wear and maintain a clean uniform, some of which is provided. Employment is evaluated within 60 to 90 days and qualified employees are eligible for salary increases and position elevations based upon performance, in addition to other incentives throughout employment. Lucky & Lady® is staffed 24/7/365. Team members are generally provided regular shifts but flexibility to work different shifts is required.
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work we at Lucky & Lady® expect from our team members. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. Additional or different duties may be assigned and this position description is not intended to be a complete description of work.
Lucky & Lady® is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lucky & Lady® actively participates in the federal government’s E-Verify program and all candidates are subject to background, credit and criminal history investigations. Applicants must be over the age of 18.
Impactful work that loves you back
To make it work at Lucky & Lady®, we need the very best, most understanding and most tolerant team members. We don’t like images of pet care workers wearing galoshes up to their knees and with a mop over their shoulder. A position at Lucky & Lady® is different. It’s about pet enrichment, pet socialization and enhanced customer service for pet parents. If your idea of interacting with pets or pet parents involves remaining seated in a chair, any open position at Lucky & Lady® is not for you.
We’re looking for the very best team members. Rather than mere employment, we at Lucky & Lady® know our work is really a calling. Here, you’ll provide love for pets in our Enhanced Day Care program, in Beyond Boarding, in our Grooming Spa, in our Self Wash, or in our lobby. Lucky and Lady® offers shifts throughout the early morning, day, evening and overnight hours – all the times our community’s pets need love and affection. As a member of the team, you may be cross-trained in other areas.
At Lucky & Lady® we welcome team members who anticipate and solve problems before they arise. We will never lower our expectations on nurturing pets in our care and we will never compromise on the pet parent experience. Once hired, employees must acknowledge the terms and conditions of the Lucky & Lady® Employee Handbook and any additional rules and procedures as they arise. Employee compensation is delivered bi-monthly and direct deposit is required.
Lucky & Lady® is intent on providing the very best care.
Benefits of employment at LUCKY & LADY
- Working in a brand-new, state-of-the-art facility built for efficiency and built for pets
- Eligibility for free dog day care and discounted boarding – bring your dog to work!
- Flexible scheduling for most team members
- True career paths and the ability to advance
- Ability to gain experience in a different units
- Ongoing training opportunities
Our mission is simple, loving
“To surprise and delight clients and their four-legged family members by providing best-in-class animal care and attention in a safe, affectionate environment.”
Keywords: Manager, Operations, Key-holder, General Manager, Receptionist, Team Leader, Guest Relations, Reservation Specialist, Customer Service Representative, Guest Care Associate